Thanks to all who made it to our District Convention! We wanted to give a quick report of what was decided.
During the District Executive Committee meeting before convention, Chris Hardee of Dare County was elected to fill the position of Secretary vacated by Rachel Parnell who is moving west. He will serve the remaining one year of her term.
We elected 4 delegates to the Democratic National Convention:
- Gloria Goodwin, Onslow County (Female delegate pledged to Clinton)
- Tim Webster, Pitt County (Male delegate pledged to Clinton)
- Sherry Eason, Onslow County (Female delegate pledged to Sanders)
- Zachary Pate, Pitt County (Male delegate pledged to Sanders)
Additional state positions filled were:
- Liz Cox (Pamlico) to Credentials and Appeals Committee
- Sherry Eason (Onslow) to Platform and Resolutions Committee
- Hugh “Buck” Wilde (Carteret) to Council of Review, and
- Chris Hardee (Dare) as our Presidential Elector
Congratulations to you all, and we know you will represent us well.
In addition to these elections, 19 resolutions were approved and will be forwarded on to the state for consideration at that level.